Applications for more than $2 million in grants for licensed child care providers, and family, friend, and neighbor caregivers in Seattle opened on January 15, 2021, as part of the City of Seattle’s Child Care Stabilization Fund.
Few sectors have been so essential and yet felt as much financial impact during the COVID-19 pandemic as the child care industry, and DEEL is excited to be working with our partner Child Care Resources, who is adminstering the grant and offering application assistance and language support to child care providers.
Grants up to $10,000 are available for licensed child care providers and school-age only programs operating within Seattle city limits. Grants of $500 are also available to income-eligible family, friend, and neighbor caregivers living in Seattle who care for children aged 0-12 more than 10 hours per week.
- LICENSED PROVIDERS & SCHOOL-AGE-ONLY PROGRAMS
- Application deadline: Wednesday, January 27
- Provider application: Click here
- Provider FAQs (eligibility, grant info, etc.): Click here
- Application documents available in Spanish, Somali, Simplified Chinese, Amharic, Tigrinya, and Vietnamese upon request
- Contact the Child Care Resources Provider Line at 1-800-446-1114 for lanugage support and assistance in completing applications.
- FRIEND, FAMILY, & NEIGHBOR CAREGIVERS
- Application deadline: Friday, January 29
- FFN application: Click here
- FFN FAQs (eligibility, grant info, etc.): Click here
- Application documents available in Spanish, Somali, Simplified Chinese, Amharic, Tigrinya, and Vietnamese upon request.
- Contact email@example.com for language support and assistance in completing applications.
Child care stabilization grants are noncompetitive; however, should demand exceed available funds, prioritization will go to FFN caregivers below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level and to licensed providers and school-age only programs who are serving families on state or city subsidies or who are in a priority geographic area using the City’s Office of Planning & Community Development’s Race and Social Equity Index.
Applicants should contact the Child Care Resources Provider Line at 1-800-446-1114 to receive language support and assistance in completing their application. Notification of awards will be sent by February 15, with disbursal of funds beginning in late February.